Recently I'm really hooked on making frittata hahaha as it is very simple to whip up using my happy call pan. Moreover my kids love eggs so I can easily please them with this for breakfast or even serve it as their snack :)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 600gm zucchini, cut thinly into round disc
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 8 large eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 large ripe tomatoes, sliced thinly
- salt & pepper to taste
- Heat oil in Happy Call Pan (HCP). Add onion, zucchini and thyme, stir fry until tender about 8-10 mins. You may lock the pan to hasten the process. Cook until all the liquid in the pan evaporates. (if the mixture is not dry enough, the omelette will be too soft). Season with salt & pepper to taste, remove pan from heat.
- In a medium bowl, whisk eggs, milk and cheese. Pour egg mixture over zucchini, gently tilt the pan to allow the eggs to distribute evenly. Arrange sliced tomatoes over the top.
- Return pan to stove and cook over low heat for about 15 mins (pan locked) till base is golden and centre is almost set. If the surface is still very runny, lock pan and cook for another 5 mins.
- Gently run the edge with a spatula to loosen the omelette. Lock the pan and swiftly flip the pan to brown the other side for about 5-8 mins over medium heat.
- Flip back the pan and turn off heat. Cut omelette into squares and serve immediately.
This post is linked to the event, Little Thumbs up organised by Bake For Happy Kids, and My Little Favourite DIY, hosted by Tze of Awayofmind Bakery House